Thursday, August 4, 2011

Web Design using Joomla

I'm trying to learn the Joomla content management system (CMS) to create websites.It is by all accounts useful and I know a few people who use it.

First step is install a local version.

So, I must install a local server on my PC using Xampp. Then install Joomla on this local server.

First attempts , using Xampp 1.7.4 and Joomla 1.5 , failed. There is an apparent compatibility issue . Some versions of Joomla will not work with some versions of Xampp.

So, I googled it and saw this:

http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37302


' I use Xampp 1.7.1 with Joomla 1.5.14. I've even installed them on a memory stick for portability. A bit slow, but works fine.

Mike '

So , I'm trying that now.

1 comment:

  1. I installed Xampp 1.7.1.
    Setup - Used the setup_xampp file .
    Started Apache using batch file : apache_start.ok.
    Started MySQL using : mysql_start. ok
    Test localhost:

    using http://localhost

    Yes, it works !

    ReplyDelete